Peace was formed in 1876 by a small group of people in North Industry, which was known as Slab Town then because of the number of mills, mines, and saloons. This group met with Rev. Smith, who agreed to pastor the new Lutheran congregation. After meeting in homes for three years, the growing congregation built a brick church building that housed the congregation for the next ninety-five years. To meet the growing needs of the congregation, Peace moved to its present location on Cleveland Ave in 1972 by building a new church on land given it. Peace now has 147 years of ministry.
We believe in God, the Holy Trinity: Lord God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. We believe it is the triune God who creates (the work of Lord God), who redeems (the work of Christ), and who sustains (the work of the Holy Spirit). All of the works of God are of divine grace and reveal the glory of God.