Peace Lutheran Church was founded in June 1876. In 1881 a church was built on Ridge Ave with landed donated it by the influential Carnes family. The church was first called Friedence Church and then North Industry Evangelical Lutheran Church. In 1886 it had 43 adult members. The church slowly grew as part of a two point parish until 1948, now with 263 members, it was large enough to call its own first full-time pastor. In 1964, the church renamed itself Peace, however this name was actually its first name: friede is the German word for peace. The congregation outgrew its building so plans were developed for a new, larger building on Cleveland Ave. Peace worshipped in its new building in 1974. Peace has changed much over its almost a century and a half, but it remains a place to “share Christ, serve the community, and grow God’s kingdom.” It also remains a place for you!
Peace is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). http://www.elca.org
Meet the Pastor
The Rev. L. Scott Bacon, Pastor of Peace Lutheran Church
Pastor Scott started serving at Peace in 2010. He attended seminary at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago. He and his wife, Nancy, who is also a pastor at another Lutheran Church, moved to Ohio in 2003. They have two daughters. He enjoys woodworking, being outside especially on or in the water, reading, good Tex-Mex food and BBQ (surprise), and traveling.